Bloggy Howl, I have a Blog!

A sometimes serious, sometimes fun collection of my writings, readings and online activities...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The best quote ever

The best quote ever, for me at least, is from MIB:

Kay
: 1500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

I think it's a powerful line. Kay's sarcasm underlines that we don't really "know" anything. We don't even "know" the earth is really round, for example. Currently we're exploring the possibility of parallel universes. So, what if we find a universe where the earth is flat? Or one where it's cuboid?

What will we "know" after that?

That there are many earths with as many geometrical 3D shapes as possible? Great, except we now "know" there's a 4th dimension. When will we know there's a fifth? Or sixth? Or infinitieth? (If that ain't a word, it now is. It's my world and I get to choose my words).

What do we really "know"?

Think about it.

Deepak

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger gautami tripathy said...

After reading this, I don't even want to know!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home