Bloggy Howl, I have a Blog!

A sometimes serious, sometimes fun collection of my writings, readings and online activities...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Blogger's kewl!

I have to say, I'm impressed.

Last night I was far from impressed, I was p'd off!

First, I couldn't get to the Post Pages in my blogs so I could send relevant links to a potential client. You have to admit, there are some posts I wouldn't like potential clients to see (although Google kinda hands them the info) so sending the relevant links is essential.

Then the main blog links themselves failed. I wondered if the potential client would ever get to see what I wanted them (it? him? her? any PC input would be useful) to see.

Then, 24 hours later I try to log into my blogger account and guess what? Blogger offers me a ONE-STEP - that's right, just ONE STEP, way to migrate my existing blogs to its new, label-enabled, hoops and hoopla service.

I clicked the button and here me am, with better tools, and my minuscule customer base intact.

I be impressed.

Deepak

3 Comments:

At 1:13 AM , Blogger Keef said...

I don't know...It's a problem for me right now because I'm also a member of the UAE Community Blog, and that has more than 1,000 posts on it. For some obscure reason Blogger cannot migrate anyone who's involved in a blog with more than 1,000 posts. Hmmm. And then everything on Blogger2 is on a secure server, so you always get this alert about mixing 'secure' and non-secure' content. Irritating and pointless: there's no reason for Blogger to be on https:// - no money changing hands or any of that rubbish. Up until now, my feelings about Blogger2 are somewhat negative. Somebody will have to come and give a massage of some sort before I get interested.

 
At 1:14 AM , Blogger Keef said...

And, damn! There's still no way for me to edit typos in my comment!

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger Deepak Morris said...

Hmmm... editing typos in your comment... easily done.

Hit "Preview" first, make your corrections, then hit "Publish Your Comment."

In any case, blogger mashes up my comments unless I hit "Preview" first so I've kinda gotten used to it.

I was just impressed by the one-step upgrade option, considering I had been reading up on upgrading and the advice hitherto was pretty intimidating.

Deepak

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home