Bloggy Howl, I have a Blog!

A sometimes serious, sometimes fun collection of my writings, readings and online activities...

Thursday, November 17, 2005

On stage again after two years!

On the 25th of November I shall be going back on stage after a gap of two years and I'm as excited as a little boy who's expecting a bicycle for Christmas.

I usually stay off the stage when I'm directing but the call is too strong for me to resist this time. We're staging a set of disparate scenes by different writers, segued into a single one-act play by running a dramatic thread through the whole thing that links each scene. I don't know of any other plays that have been written this way. It's certainly a first for Pune. It's called "I Am Amuse" (sic).

I play Mr. Deshpande, middle-aged and middle-class, who has a running dialogue with the MUSE, the two of them introducing each piece and thus linking them all into one cohesive play.

It's to be staged at "Soul", the Jazz Garden's new avatar.

Deepak

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey D,

How did the show go? What was it like to be on stage again, after such ages? What did the critics say - not that you'd bother too much :)

Tell me more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home