Bloggy Howl, I have a Blog!

A sometimes serious, sometimes fun collection of my writings, readings and online activities...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Yahoo has really lost it this time

Apart from my respect, which it lost a long time ago, yahoo now loses about 100% of those who just can't figure outWHY their email interface doesn't look like it used to.

It doesn't because, in its infinite wisdom, yahoo has reduced everyone not on its "now out of beta" site to seeing their folders (in the case of old biddies like my Mum, just one folder, Inbox) in plain old vanilla (NOT! Vanilla has taste) html.

Not that the improved yahoo interface is an improvement. It's NOT! One can't see unread messages only, the way we used to under the old interface. Telling me that "View options will be enhanced shortly" doesn't convince me that the new interface is better, considering that the old interface did allow me to view unread messages when I wanted to. And no, I can't switch back to that old interface because yahoo, in its infinitely dumb wisdom, has removed that interface entirely and replaced it with vanilla (not!) html so that I re-"upgrade" (misnomer, if there ever were one) to "now out of yahoo" beta.

I wonder which marketing genie-ass thought this up.

Deepak

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM , Blogger gautami tripathy said...

I hate it! I hate the new bloggers too. Simce google took over, it is not the same.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home