Bloggy Howl, I have a Blog!

A sometimes serious, sometimes fun collection of my writings, readings and online activities...

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Get Scrooged!

I guess I'm officially Scrooge.

I hate SMS New Year greetings. Or even SMS Christmas greetings. SMS birthday greetings are okay. They probably aren't part of a mass-SMS.

I've been deleting "Happy New Ye" (that's what my mobile displays as the header to each New Year message) all day long. I'm not interested in who's sending me those messages.

You wanna wish me? Call me. Email if you can't call. Best of all, visit. You'll get some cake and probably hours of scintillating conversation.

That said, I don't believe in New Year's. I don't believe in birthdays.

When you die, it isn't a factor of the number of days from your birthday or New Year's. So why bother?

Every day is the first day of the rest of your life.

How many days since you got Scrooged? Now, THAT's significant.

Deepak

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger Keef said...

You miserable auld git! Happy New Ye

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home