Bloggy Howl, I have a Blog!

A sometimes serious, sometimes fun collection of my writings, readings and online activities...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

RIP, Ronald Hunter


I never met Ronald Hunter personally, though I hoped I would before I exited planet Earth.

I fully expected to go before he did. He was decades older than I but possessed of a spirit that humbled me - and anyone who knows me is aware that that's a difficult platform to achieve.

I met Ronald Hunter virtually, through a business network, and it really shouldn't matter to me if he's on earth or not.

But he's not and I have lost a hero.

He was a man struggling with health issues, yet he adopted and raised more children (in addition to his biological children) than I'd be willing to deal with in a classroom. He interacted with people with a gentleness that is difficult to fathom in a man who would have to lay down the law in a household populated by a constant stream of teenagers.

RIP, Ronald Hunter, I wish I were 1/10th the man you shall always be.

Deepak

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home