Bloggy Howl, I have a Blog!

A sometimes serious, sometimes fun collection of my writings, readings and online activities...

Friday, May 04, 2007

MERC VS MSEDCL - an unintentional comedy

The time – present. Place, Pune, India. On stage are MERC (Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Council), impeccably dressed, perhaps smoking a pipe, and MSEDCL (Maharashtra Electricity Distribution Company Limited), fat, chewing tobacco and spitting it on any available wall. In the absence of a wall, a neighbouring shirt will do.

MERC: You are not permitted to switch off electricity on any day of the week

MSEDCL: Got you

(The lights go out.)

Voice of MERC: Oi! I said you can’t switch the lights off!

Voice of MSEDCL: I didn’t. (Faintly triumphant) The fuses blew

Voice of MERC: How many fuses?

Voice of MSEDCL: All of them

Voice of MERC: All? Across the state?

(The lights come on)

MERC: Ahhhhhh! (Fans himself)

(The lights go off)

Voice of MERC: Oi! You switched off the lights again! I specifically prohibited you!

Voice of MSEDCL: Like I care

Voice of MERC: I’ll sue you!

(The lights come on. MSEDCL is in a Romanesque setting, surrounded by nubile damsels and eating grapes. He consults the cards he’s holding)

MSEDCL: I’ll see your Sue and raise you an anna… (looks offstage) C’mere, Anna.

Deepak

Ps: If you don't get it, never mind.
SM

2 Comments:

At 12:27 AM , Blogger The Lonely Soldier said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:55 AM , Blogger pureananda said...

hahaha :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home